RCB TEAM RHINO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By completing the application form for either an RCB guaranteed place or to register with us with your own place in the London marathon, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- If you take a guaranteed RCB place, you agree that this involves pledging to raise a minimum amount in sponsorship and that the sponsorship money will be given to RCB by a set deadline date (not applicable to Own Place applications). For this event, the sponsorship pledge level is £1,500.
- You understand that should we require you to pay a registration fee to secure your RCB guaranteed place, this is non-refundable.
- You acknowledge that training for and participation in the event involves potentially strenuous physical activity and risk of personal injury. You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, you are suitable, healthy and fit to take part in the event. You will be taking part in and completing the event at your own risk.
- You understand that photographs may be taken of you and others during the event and that these may be used to publicise future events and the work of RCB generally. As an indication, we or our partners or contractors may include such images in advertising, marketing, newsletters, general events and communications.
- RCB will contact you by telephone or email with reference to your application. Occasionally we may write to you about the event and post to you anything we can’t email, for example your WWF sports vest.
- The organiser of the event will normally set a deadline date by which you need to complete the official registration on the organiser’s console and therefore only this action will fully secure your place. Should you fail to complete this registration by the set deadline you will lose your place. We are unable to influence the deadline dates set by organisers.
- For those applying for a guaranteed RCB place, we may need to add your details to the third party event organisers’ console in order to officially register you (usually your name, email and telephone). This usually triggers an automated email from them to you requesting you to complete the official registration process. We take no responsibility should you fail to complete this and lose your place in the event.
- By accepting a place for an event with RCB, you are committing to raise a minimum amount of money for our vital conservation work. We have a limited number of places, so if your circumstances change and you are unable to take part in the event for us, then please do let us know as soon as possible (and before registration on the console) so that we are able to offer your place to someone else.
- By giving your contact details, you accept that RCB may contact you about the event and sign you up for our quarterly enewsletter. You can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking on the link.
- We may contact you about other RCB events and ways to fundraise for us such as other sponsored events, which may be of interest to you.
- Application for an RCB place does not guarantee that a place will be offered. Please ensure that you are eligible before applying to avoid disappointment.